Thursday 20 January 2011

Vogue Fashion’s Night Out London 2010.


 This past September I attended some of the Fashion’s Night Out events that were happening in london, as I didn’t go to any LFW Shows. So this is as good as it got for me. 

My first stop on the agenda was Giorgio Armani. He was hosting a cocktail party for his quests ( me NOT being one of them hahah). So me and my mate Fudia headed towards the cars and papps.
As we were waiting to see Giorgio, a car pulls up and out pops Claudia Schiffer, didn’t really realize who it was at first, (she looks really different in person), but then things clicked into place. After that we just waited to see what else was going to happen and nothing much did, as we couldn’t go in we decided to head towards Selfridges and see what they had in store for the public.




The first stop in Selfridges was the new Mulberry store opening. It was pretty good, champagne and biscuits shaped like dogs if I remember correctly, and they also had this display as you walked in to the store, which looked like a big cat crystalized which had handbags all around it. After a little bit it started to get a bit over crowded so we headed out of the Mulberry store and started walking towards the crowds.




We got to the cosmetics area and standing on a small stage taking pictures with the public was Brit the Stylist from one of Gok Wan’s television programmes. As I got closer, I heard a loud HI, HOW ARE YOU, YOU LOOK SO NICE!!!, coming from Brit, I looked around me to see who she was talking to and it was my mate that I was with. I was thinking to myself how the heck do you two know each other, so I asked my mate, do you know her on a personal level and she just replied with a “No, Brit is just friendly like that”…. Fair Enough. And she actually was.


After a small chat with Brit The Stylist we were on the move again, walking around the ground floor looking at what was on offer for everyone, when we get stopped by one of the Canon Girls,( if you don’t know what im talking about head over to this site www.saycheese.co.uk and you will find all you need to know, maybe even book them for one of your events) asking if we my mate would like a picture with the Ralph Lauren models that were handing out free samples of the new perfume/cologne. Snapped a picture with them as well.

Then it was a quick stop at Gap to see what they had in store for us. Drinks, Canapes and a Performance from Janelle Monáe. The whole store was dancing along and it was a really good performance,. I only managed to catch about the last 10mins of her performing, and SHE CAN SING LIVE. unlike some.




 
Then it was off to Debenhams for a Presentation from GMTV Stylist Mark Heyes on this years hot new trends. Leopard, Black, Purple and the Aviator Jacket is back, plus I think the minimalistic look will be back this year, but that’s my view.  The presentation lasted about 20min and then we got a chance to speak to the man himself. He took my mate to see some of the garments that he showed, we had a chat with him also, and then we left to see what else was going on, on Oxford Street.




As Fudia and I came out of Debenhams we saw a BIG crowd of people standing outside Pull And Bear (kind of like H & M but better). We moved into the crowd of people and saw a styling session going on in Pull and Bears main window. It was a competition between Bloggers Alexis Knox (www.alexisknox.com) and Pelayo Diaz (www.katelovesme.net) and all they had to do was style each girl the way they wanted to and then the people standing outside were given X to stick on either side of the window, for who they thought did a better job. it was pretty funny, a shirt was being cut up and pinned on to a skirt with safety pins, clothes all over the place and this lasted for 5 rounds. I didn’t stay til the end so i don’t know who won but Pelayo gets my vote as the safety-pin stunt was pretty funny and looked good.


And after all the walking and about 4 hours of fashion, we got on the train and headed home. Vogue Fashion’s Night Out was a HIT a BIG HIT and next year I’ll be looking to head to another one or maybe even  N.Y.C’s Fashion Night Out. GOTTA KEEP MOVING. Hope u liked. I’m going to eat my pizza and what is left of the Deep FRIED Oreos. < don’t knock it til you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment